These cookies and cream Crumbl copycat recipe is one you'll want to make again and again. They are so delicious with cookies n cream candy and crushed Oreos baked into the cookie dough and a delicious cream frosting on top.
- Crumbl Cookies and Cream Milkshake Cookies Copycat Recipe
- Milkshake Cookies Recipe
- What's in Cookies and Cream Milkshake Cookies
- How to Make Copycat Crumbl Cookies and Cream Milkshake Cookies
- Tips for Making Cookies and Cream Cookies
- How to Store Leftover Milkshake Cookies
- Cookies and Cream Milkshake Cookies
Crumbl Cookies and Cream Milkshake Cookies Copycat Recipe
If you love Oreo cookies and you love the Cookies N Cream candy bars, you'll find these frosted cookies absolutely delicious!
They are a copycat of the giant cookies you can find at the Crumbl bakery stores. The cookies dough has crushed Oreo cookies and crushed Cookies and Cream candy added and baked into it.
These are a great special treat or whenever you get a craving and don't want to drive to the store to buy some.
Milkshake Cookies Recipe
These Cookies and Cream Milkshake cookies are perfect as a dessert or even just a sweet treat when a craving hits.
I love making a few of these giant cookie sized, but I also like making a few smaller, normal-sized cookies as well. It gives us a variety of sizes so we can eat whichever size we feel like.
With the giant cookies, it's so easy to cut them into pieces to share.
What's in Cookies and Cream Milkshake Cookies
When you bite into these cookies you definitely can taste the cookies n cream flavor. As well as the Oreo flavor.
You'll find this recipe doesn't include baking powder like most cookie recipes do. Instead, it uses baking soda as the leavening agent.
Stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or hand mix
3 tablespoon size cookie scoop
baking or cookie sheets
- unsalted butter, softened
- granulated sugar
- pure vanilla extract
- eggs brought to room temp
- all-purpose flour, scooped and leveled
- corn starch
- baking soda
- finely chopped oreos (about 7 oreos)
- Hershey’s Cookies N Crème bars, chopped
- butter, softened
- powdered sugar
- heavy cream
- finely chopped or ground oreos
- mini oreos for topping
How to Make Copycat Crumbl Cookies and Cream Milkshake Cookies
Step 1: Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
Step 2: In a bowl mix together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
Step 3: In a separate medium mixing bowl or the large bowl of a stand mixer, add butter and sugar. Cream together until light and fluffy.
Step 4: Add in the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
Step 5: Add the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
Step 5: Fold in finely chopped Oreos (and all the Oreo crumbs) and the chopped candy pieces.
Step 6: Scoop the cookie dough onto the prepared cookie sheet. Make sure to leave room to allow cookies to spread.
Step 7: Bake in preheated oven for 14-15 minutes or until the edges are slightly golden.
Step 8: Let the cookies cool on the baking sheet for 15 minutes, then move to a cooling rack to cool completely.
How to make the Oreo Buttercream Frosting
Step 1: Mix the butter, powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream, and vanilla extract until well combined.
Step 2: Add in the crushed Oreo cookies and cream buttercream until fluffy.
Step 3: Add frosting to a piping bag and pipe circular rings around the top of the completely cooled cookies. Add a mini Oreo to the center of the cookie and enjoy!
You can eat these cookies served chilled or at room temperature.
Tips for Making Cookies and Cream Cookies
These cookies are so good, but here are some tips to make sure you make the best cookies!
- Don't overmix. After adding in the dry ingredients to the cookie dough, make sure to just mix until the ingredients are combined. If you overmix the dough, it ends up becoming a tough cookie.
- Wait for cookies to cool completely before frosting. I've made these late at night and been impatient for the cookies to cool completely. Our kitchen was really warm and I used butter that was slightly too warm and then frosted the cookies when they hadn't cooled completely. The frosting melted after being added to the cookie. The cookies were still amazingly delicious, but they didn't look pretty.
- You don't have to swirl the frosting on. These cookies still look pretty and taste the same, even if the frosting isn't swirled on. It takes slightly less effort to use a knife or spatula to spread the frosting over the top. You can see what they look like without using a piping bag to swirl in the pictures above.
- You can make these smaller by using a smaller cookie scoop. Just make sure to drop the bake time down. Start checking around 8-10 minutes to see if they are done baking.
Copycat Crumbl Cookie Recipes
How to Store Leftover Milkshake Cookies
If you end up with any leftover cookies and cream milkshake cookies, you can store these on a plate covered with plastic wrap at room temperature for 3 days. If you want to store them slightly longer, they can be placed in an airtight container and stored in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Cookies and Cream Milkshake Cookies
- 2 baking sheets
- Hand or Stand Mixer
- 3 tablespoon cookie scooper
- piping bag
- 1 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs room temperature
- 3 cups all-purpose flour scooped and leveled
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup finely chopped oreos about 7 oreos
- 3 1.55oz Hershey’s Cookies N Crème bars, chopped
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoon heavy cream
- ¼ cup finely chopped or ground oreos
- 15 mini oreos for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and line two cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar until light and fluffy
- Add in the eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Mix in flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Fold in finely chopped oreos and chopped candy pieces
- Scoop onto cookie sheets with room to spread.
- Bake for 14-15 mins until the edge are slightly golden.
- Allow to cool on baking sheet for 15 mins before moving to a cooling rack to finish cooling completely.
Make the Buttercream
- Mix the butter, powdered sugar, heavy whipping cream and vanilla until combined
- Add in the ground oreos and mix until fluffy.
- Add to piping bag and pipe circular rings around the top. Add a mini oreo to the center.
Serve cold or at room temp
Can be stored at room temp for 3 days or 5 days in fridge
Leave a Reply