These gross slime cupcakes are the perfect Halloween dessert. They look gross and taste delicious!
With Halloween fast approaching the hunt for the perfect Halloween desserts and all scary and gross food ideas is on.
These slime cupcakes are a fun treat for kids and even adults who are looking for something a bit...gross. They'll get a surprise when they take a bite of these cupcakes - green slime will start to ooze!
Gross Cupcakes for Halloween
I love how these slime cupcakes came out!
The slime is made from dyed vanilla pudding. I love how easy it is to switch these up with changing the color of the slime.
These slime cupcakes are perfect for a Halloween party or just a fun Halloween night at home.
Tips for Making Slime Cupcakes
- Make sure when cutting out the center of the cupcake, not to cut so deep that the cut all the way to the bottom. There needs to be some of the cupcake under the hole you cut so it doesn't leak.
- You can change up the flavor of the cupcake or the pudding. If you change the flavor of pudding though, it will make it harder to dye a nice green color.
- The cupcakes can be either homemade or store-bought undecorated ones.
If you are planning on bringing these to a party or gathering and you want to transport them, I'd suggest using some sort of cupcake carrier. This will help keep the frosting intact. If you just want a carrier to use a couple times, check out your local party store or Walmart, a lot of times they have plastic ones for cheap.
If you have any leftovers, you can store them at room temperature for 2-3 days. They can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
cupcakes: We used pre-baked chocolate cupcakes. You can either make homemade cupcakes or buy premade unfrosted cupcakes from the store.
vanilla pudding: this is the "slime" that you'll dye green and fill the cupcakes with.
milk: make sure to store it in the fridge until it's time to use. You'll mix it in with the pudding mix.
buttercream frosting: vanilla buttercream frosting is used and it pairs nicely with vanilla pudding and chocolate cupcakes.
sprinkles and candy eyeballs: Use Halloween sprinkles and candy eyeballs to give your cupcakes a fun-themed look.
gel food coloring: make sure to use gel food coloring for the best results.
How to Make Slime Cupcakes
Make the green slime: In a medium bowl, empty the contents of the pudding mix and cold milk. Whisk together. Using the green gel food coloring, add in 2-3 drops. Whisk everything together for 2 minutes. Set it aside for 5 mins to set.
Dye the frosting black: Mix half the frosting with brown food coloring until it is fully mixed in. Add a few drops of black food coloring and mix in. Add the other half of the frosting back into the black colored frosting and mix well to fully incorporate the color throughout.
Setup piping bags: Put the frosting into a piping bag fitted with a 1M tip. Add the green pudding mix into a separate piping bag and cut off the bottom.
Prepare and Fill Cupcakes: Cut the centers out of the cupcakes with a paring knife and add the slime (pudding) to each one. Put the top back on each cupcake and gently press down on each one.
Decorate Cupcakes: Pipe black frosting onto the top of each cupcake and add sprinkles.
More Dessert Recipes
Green Slime Cupcakes
- 18 prebaked cupcakes
- 1 3.4 oz vanilla pudding
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 cups Vanilla buttercream
- Halloween Sprinkles
- Mini candy Eyeballs
- Electric Green Gel Food Coloring
- Brown Gel Food Coloring
- Black Gel Food Coloring
- In a medium bowl, empty contents of pudding mix and cold milk. Whisk.
- Using the green gel food coloring, add in 2-3 drops. Whisk everything together for 2 minutes.
- Set it aside for 5 mins to set.
- Mix half the frosting with brown food coloring until it is fully mixed in.
- Add a few drops of black food coloring and mix in.
- Add the other half of the frosting back into the black colored frosting and mix well to fully incorporate the color throughout.
- Put the frosting into a piping bag fitted with a 1M tip. Add the green pudding mix into a separate piping bag and cut off the bottom.
- Cut the centers out of the cupcakes with a paring knife and add the slime (pudding) to each one.
- Put the top back on each cupcake and gently press down on each one.
- Pipe black frosting onto the top of each cupcake and add sprinkles.
Make sure to "PIN IT" for later and follow Flour and Aprons on Pinterest for all the latest delicious recipes!
Leave a Reply