I love making fruit cobbler when berries and fruit are in season and you'll love this fresh strawberry cobbler for spring and summer evenings.
This homemade strawberry cobbler is perfect for making during strawberry season.
We love to pick fresh berries and use them in a variety of delicious strawberry recipes such as in strawberry banana smoothies, strawberry milk.
I don't know about you, but we love fruit desserts in our home. Some of our favorite strawberry desserts to make with fresh strawberries are homemade strawberry shortcake, strawberry crisp, strawberry pie and we love to freeze fresh strawberries for later.
I know the feeling of having so many delicious berries and trying to figure out what to do with them. Or those evenings when you are craving a dessert, but aren't sure what to make.
This easy strawberry cobbler recipe uses fresh strawberries and staples from your pantry. It is fairly quick and super easy to whip up. Plus, this is the perfect dessert than your entire family will love.
What is strawberry cobbler?
If you haven't ever had strawberry cobbler before, it's a strawberry filling made with fresh strawberries and a bit of sugar and vanilla mixed in, plus some flour to thicken it. It's all covered in a biscuit topping.
When you add either vanilla ice cream or whipped cream it makes it even better. The two items complement each other very well.
Strawberry Cobbler Ingredients
- fresh strawberries, cleaned and halved
- all-purpose flour
- granulated sugar
- vanilla extract
Cobbler Topping Ingredients
- all-purpose flour
- granulated sugar
- baking powder
- unsalted butter
How to Make Strawberry Cobbler
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350°F. Grease a 13"x9" baking or casserole dish and set aside.
Step 2: Wash the strawberries. De-hull and cut strawberries in halves Add them to a large bowl.
Step 3: Add flour, ¼ cup sugar, and vanilla extract over the strawberries and toss to coat, then set aside.
Step 4: In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, 1 cup of sugar, baking powder, and salt.
Step 5: Cut butter into pieces and blend into the flour mixture until small crumbles form.
Step 6: Gradually add in the milk, stirring after each addition until well combined. There may be a few lumps in this batter, but that is perfectly fine.
Step 7: Add strawberry mixture to the prepared baking dish. Scoop topping onto strawberries and spread slightly. The mixture will be thick, but it will spread while it's cooking.
Step 8: Bake the strawberry cobbler in your preheated oven for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown.
Serve with vanilla ice cream or whip cream.
If you have any leftovers, they can be stored in the refrigerator.
What to Serve with Strawberry Cobbler?
Strawberry cobbler is such a delicious recipe that pairs so well with the following toppings:
- Vanilla Ice Cream: So technically, you can use any flavor ice cream you like, but there is something so perfect about adding vanilla ice cream to the top of cobbler.
- Whipped Cream
Strawberry Cobbler Tips
If you don't have fresh strawberries but are still wanting to make this strawberry cobbler recipe, feel free to sub out fresh berries for frozen strawberries.
Can You Freeze Strawberry Cobbler?
Yes, you can.
If you are wanting to make ahead of time and freeze for later, you can stop right before putting the strawberry cobblers into the oven and instead cover with saran wrap and then foil and place into the freezer.
Take it out the night before baking and place in the fridge. Then, cook it when it's defrosted.
Should strawberry cobbler be refrigerated?
Strawberry cobbler doesn't have to be refrigerated if you'll eat it within a day or two. If you need a few extra days, then you should stick it in the fridge.
If you want to use different fresh berries in this cobbler, you can substitute blackberries or other favorite berry. Although, we also have this recipe for the best blackberry cobbler you'll ever eat.
- 8 cups strawberries cleaned and halved
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup unsalted butter 1 stick
- ½ cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Lightly spray 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray
- Clean and cut strawberries and add to a large bowl
- Add flour, ¼ cup sugar and vanilla and toss to coat, set aside
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, 1 cup sugar, baking powder and salt
- Cut butter into pieces and blend into flour mixture until small crumbles form
- Gradually add milk and stir after each addition until well combined
- Add strawberries to prepared baking dish
- Scoop topping onto strawberries and spread slightly, mixture will be thick but will spread while baking
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until golden brown
- Serve with vanilla ice cream or whip cream
Make sure to "PIN IT" for later!
Leave a Reply